Statement of Faith
Heritage Christian Academy is a ministry of Redeemer Presbyterian Church (PCA). The school was established to provide a godly environment for the children of this body of believers, as well as the children of any professing Christians who desire that their children be educated in a like manner.
- In the unity of God existing in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God is the Creator, King, Ruler and Sustainer of all things.
- In the divine inspiration and inerrancy of Scripture in all of its parts and teachings. It is the supreme authority over every area of our lives as individuals and as a church.
- In man and woman as created in the image of God, in high dignity, yet now under God’s condemnation for their rebellion against His good and just authority. Since the Fall, we are both guilty of and polluted by sin, which has affected us spiritually, intellectually, psychologically, socially and physically.
- In Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, who became fully human in order to live a sinless life and die a painful death in our place. Through His life, death, and bodily resurrection, He accomplished a decisive victory over sin and established His Kingdom among us.
- In the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the work of Christ effective in the life of His elect. The Spirit grants us repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ. We can escape the penalty and power of sin through faith in Christ alone, and not through any goodness or moral effort of our own.
- In the bodily resurrection and the personal and triumphant return of Jesus Christ to earth for final judgment and the consummation of His Kingdom. As a ministry of Redeemer Presbyterian Church, Heritage Christian Academy also holds to the teaching more fully and completely laid out in the Westminster Confession and Catechisms, which we believe to be an accurate and systematic summary of the Christian faith of the Bible. We are a member of the Presbyterian Church in America, a denomination which shares these same doctrinal commitments.
If you desire more detailed information concerning doctrinal issues, please call the Central Office (913-681-7622) to request a copy of the Westminster Confession of Faith.